Saturday 24 November 2012

Greetings!

Hello folks!

Here is some background about me: I'm a software engineer and a computer science student from Aalto University Finland.

Coding is my passion - every commit I make I want to be the perfect one. I love beautiful code and genious solutions. I started my programming "career" when I was 12 years old. My first language was a BASIC language, CoolBasic. After that I moved on to C++ world and making games for my fun. By that time, C++ was the best language ever... at least in my opinion. That was until I discovered C# (I think it was .NET 3.0) which leaded me into carbage collected world. Java was the next one to learn. I wasn't so interested about Java when I begun my school at Aalto, but after a while I started to like it too...

I've always considered myself as a backend developer. That was what I said to my boss when I started my work in ICT cosulting company about two years ago. However, work challenges leaded me into Grails and dynamic programming. WOW! I must say that Grails/Groovy was the thing. Now I can't even think about making software without funcional languages. I've found frontend more and more interesting. Thanks to my collegue, I discovered Coffeescript which also is awesome! I must say that my "backend dream" is inevitably slipping towards front. Thus, I'll most likely cover some CoffeeScript/Grails/Groovy stuff in this blog.

I've noticed in my work that you can do things in two ways: right and wrong. Thus, I try to make this world a little bit better by telling you some of my experiences from the software engineering field. I hope that my experiences and adversities will motive you readers to select the right choices and also make this world better by producing higher quality softwares.

Cheers,
Matti

No comments:

Post a Comment